Beef stroganoff casserole is a classic Russian dish that consists of thin slices of beef sautéed in a sour cream sauce and served over noodles or rice. It is named after the Stroganov family, a wealthy Russian noble family, and is believed to have originated in the 19th century. The dish was popularized in the United States in the mid-20th century and has since become a comfort food classic.
Casseroles are dishes that are baked in the oven in a single baking dish and are often made with a combination of ingredients such as meat, vegetables, and grains. The casserole version of beef stroganoff likely combines the classic flavors and ingredients of beef stroganoff with the convenience of a casserole.
Beef stroganoff is popular due to the classic and beloved flavors of beef stroganoff, which combines tender beef with a creamy sauce and noodles. It is a hearty and satisfying dish that is sure to appeal to many people.
Beef stroganoff is a hearty and satisfying dish that combines elements of traditional beef stroganoff with the convenience of a casserole. It typically consists of ground beef, noodles, vegetables (such as peas), a creamy sauce made with sour cream and beef broth, and grated cheese. It is usually baked in the oven until heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Beef stroganoff casserole is a comfort food classic and is a great option for a dinner party or a weeknight meal.
Recipe for Beef Stroganoff Casserole
Here is a recipe for stroganoff casserole:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can of condensed beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until the beef is browned and the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the beef broth, sour cream, flour, and mustard. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions.
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish, combine the cooked noodles, beef mixture, peas, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the casserole is heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot and Enjoy.
The nutrition of the beef Stroganoff Casserole is around 500-600 Kcal.
Health benefits of the recipe
Beef stroganoff casserole can be a nutritious and satisfying meal that provides a number of health benefits. Here are a few potential benefits:
- Protein: Beef is a rich source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body, maintaining healthy bones and muscles, and supporting a healthy immune system.
- Iron: Beef is also a good source of iron, which is necessary for carrying oxygen to the cells in the body. Iron deficiency can lead to fatigue, weakness, and other health issues.
- B vitamins: Beef is a good source of several B vitamins, including B12, which is important for maintaining healthy nerves and red blood cells.
- Vegetables: If you add vegetables to your beef stroganoff, you can increase the nutritional value of the dish. Vegetables are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and can help to support a healthy diet.
- Comfort food: While not a traditional “nutrient,” the comfort food aspect of beef stroganoff casserole can have a positive impact on mental health.